PM tec, Inc. is seeking qualified Project Controls Specialists and Schedulers with experience in implementing and utilizing Primavera P6 in an Earned Value Management environment to support our operations in Albuquerque and Los Alamos, NM, and in Las Vegas, NV. PM tec is also currently accepting resumes for potential contracts in the Melbourne, Fl. area.
Ideal candidates will have a current or recent national security clearance. Due to the nature of work and customer requirements, all applicants must be US citizens.
Functional Job Description:
- Builds schedules with input of project team members, managers, and customers. Establishes proper relationships between activities, enters estimates of activity durations, assigns activity and resource calendars, enters activity and project coding, assigns constraints, and calculates schedule.
- Collects schedule and cost status information and uses to update schedules at regular intervals.
- Produces summary and detail schedule performance reports that provide project team members, management, and clients with essential information in a timely manner.
- Computes earned value for project activities. Calculates schedule variances, cost variances, variances at complete, and other performance indices. Alerts management of potential problems and suggests recovery plans. Implements plans after management approval.
- Tracks completion of deliverables and alerts management of potential delays.
- Analyzes and resolves schedule problems, including resource over-allocation, excessive positive or negative total float, improper logic, excessive open ends, logic loops, and incorrect application of constraints. Employs appropriate tools to resolve schedule problems including the use of schedule statistics reports and resource leveling.
- Senior Project Controls Specialists will have experience in Primavera P6 user-level configuration and administration.
PM tec, Inc. offers a competitive compensation plan, with individual compensation based on experience and qualifications. PM tec, Inc. embraces diversity among the company's associates, and as a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) encourages veterans to apply.
More information about PM tec, Inc. and available positions can be found at PMTEC.com
Four or more years of experience in managing projects in an engineering or R&D environment. The candidate will have a thorough knowledge of scheduling software and project performance measurements, and is able to build and update schedules, produce performance measurement reports, make cost and schedule recovery recommendations, and implement recovery plans as needed.
Certification as an Oracle Primavera Certified Implementation Specialist, PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), or AACE Earned Value Professional (EVP) is desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in field of study in a project related discipline. Experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree.
Additional Salary Information:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. $65k /yr for Junior Schedulers to $150k /yr+ for Senior Project Managers / Project Controls Specialists with a Security Clearance.