Ken Garber - Vice President, DoD Operations
Mr. Garber has over 25 years of experience supporting SPAWAR (NOSC), NAVAIR, NAVSEA, Air Force and Army C4ISR programs. His senior leadership positions include Director of Engineering Operations and Space Division at Epsilon Systems, Director of West Coast Operations for TCI, and Director of Navy Programs for BD Systems Inc. Ken has provided direct support to PMW 160, PMW 170 and to the NOSC Advanced ASW Programs Office.
Ken has 30 years of combined active duty and reserve duty as a Navy Submarine Officer. He served on the USS Aspro (SSN 648) and the USS La Jolla (SSN 701). He served three years as a technical officer at the Naval Ocean Systems Center (SSC PAC) from 1989 thru 1992. Since then he has served as the Commanding Officer of seven reserve units and as the OIC of a Joint Forward Deployed Command. Ken's final tour was to OPNAV N81 in the Pentagon.
Ken is a member of the Board of Directors for STEP (Support the Enlisted Project). STEP provides emergency financial and transition assistance grants to active duty and recently discharged enlisted military and their families. In addition, he is the AFCEA San Diego VRI (Veteran Retraining Initiative) committee chair. His involvement with STEP and VRI have become a driving force in Ken’s life. Most recently Ken was elected to the National Defense Industry Association (NDIA) San Diego Board of Directors.
- 26 years of experience managing programs/projects with SPAWAR (NOSC), NAVAIR, NAVSEA, Air Force and Army C4ISR programs
- Retired as a Navy Submarine Officer at the rank of Navy Captain
- Certified PMP (Project Management Professional)
- MBA from the University of California Los Angeles, Anderson School of Business
- BSEE From the University of the Pacific
- Advanced to candidacy for MSEE Scripps Institute of Oceanography and UCSD’s EE department.
- Certified DoD FSO